My husband Dave and I were married in September 1975. For the last 29 years we have made our home in North Reading. I work in the editorial department for a health care publishing company. I am a former newspaper journalist, a published author, and am working on my second book.
I am a member of the Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Association and also serve the Commonwealth as a Notary Public. I am the president of a scholarship fund set up in memory of my daughter.
Every wedding is special, no matter where it is performed or who attends to bear witness. I have performed weddings:
- Before hundred of guests in grand halls
- Where the only guest was the couple’s cat
- In an apple orchard
- Several at the beach
- On an island in New Hampshire
- In a castle
- Overlooking a reservoir and in restaurants
- In living rooms and back yard gardens
- Next to the ocean in Maine
- In a stunning music hall before a grand pipe organ
- Two in a county jail
- At sunrise on the beach
- One reading Mandarin Chinese
- One with a borrowed penlight because the couple decided to do a “first look” and have their wedding party portraits done before the ceremony and the sun went down faster than we anticipated it would
- In a “biker bar”
- Two where dogs served as ring bearers
- On a gazebo on a town common
- One where the couple’s daughter crawled up the aisle and into her father’s arms, just ahead of her mother being escorted to the altar
- One before cameras filming for the popular television show “I Found The Gown”
- One that was filmed for the local news, at the roof-top garden at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, so the bride’s ailing step-father could present her to her groom
I would love to talk to you about making your wedding the event you thought might only happen in your dream. I welcome inquiries from all couples who wish to be married here in Massachusetts or in another state.
Pledge your love, faith and tenderness, and promise to cherish your beloved with loyalty and devotion.